- FUDCon Puno 2016
- FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference, a major free software event held in APAC and LATAM, since EMEA and NA work together to organize Flock. FUDCon Puno was a combination of sessions, talks, workshops, and hackfests where contributors worked on specific initiatives. Topics included infrastructure, feature development, community building, general management and governance, marketing, QA and packaging.
- Latinoware 2016
- Held since 2004, Latinoware is one of the biggest events in the world of free software. The event is held in Foz do Iguaçu, a Brazilian city in a region called the Triple Border, near Argentina and Paraguay. An estimated 4000 people, including students, professionals and specialists, attended the event.
- FISL is the largest FOSS event in Latin America and one of the largest in the world. Many Fedora contributors start their way in the Fedora Project from FISL.
- Flisol is the most representative event of the Latin American community of free software and every year Fedora has a prominent presence in this event.
Goals for 2017
- We are actively looking for new talent to join the Fedora community. We have LATAM representatives as Ambassadors, packagers, in CommOps, internationalization, design and others. The participation in development is still minimal and this is something we want to improve in 2017.
- The LATAM community is characterized as an example of friendship among its members, following one of the fundamental values of the Fedora Project. We hope to continue with this characteristic camaraderie in 2017.
- Since the biggest event of the year for the Fedora Project is Flock, we consider it necessary that there be more representation of LATAM in this event. Then, attendees share the experiences locally and keep pace with the development of Fedora.
Although we are a couple of dozen active collaborators throughout Latin America, we are passionate about free software and we believe in the values of the Fedora Project. We have presence in various areas of the project and we hope to continue promoting Fedora in 2017 by getting more users and collaborators for the project in our region.