All this week, we will be testing internationalization (i18n) features in Fedora 34. Those are as follows:
- kasumi-unicode: — kasumi-unicode will be generated newly with kasumi.spec in kasumi project.
- ibus-anthy for default Japanese IME:— The current default Japanese IME(input method engine) is ibus-kkc and the default is going to change to ibus-anthy to develop Japanese IME more effectively.
- ibus-m17n as default Sinhala IME :— The current default input method for Sinhala is ibus-sayura. This should change to the ibus-m17n input method “m17n:si:sayura – sayura (m17n)”
- ibus-unikey as default Vietnamese IME :— This recommended default input method for Vietnamese will be changed from ibus-bogo to ibus-unikey
- EnableHarfBuzzInFreeType :— Goal of this feature is to enable usage of HarfBuzz in FreeType to improve hinting of glyphs of languages which needs more complicated text shaping.
- IBus 1.5.24 :— IBus will provide GTK4 IM module and enhance
ibus-setupto search input method names more easily.