We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 14 August – 18 August 2023
Highlights of the week
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Goal of this Initiative
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
The ARC (which is a subset of the team) investigates possible initiatives that CPE might take on.
- [Badges] Development of endpoints for interacting with badge types is in progress
- [Badges] Development of endpoints to (re)generate access token is nearly complete
- ppc64le workers for osbuild
- Fix: Connections to https://pagure.io sometimes fail or hang
- Enable koji-flatpak plugin for staging
- Port check_nagios_notifications.py to Python 3
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- IP address change for mirror.cs.pitt.edu
- Plenty of machines reinstalled with RHEL9
- Prune EOL content from OSTree repos
- Mass branching F39
- Add container/fedora-toolbox as a Fedora Linux 39 release-blocking deliverable
- Kinoite: Enable auto updates in Discover
Goal of this initiative
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
EPEL packages are usually based on their Fedora counterparts and will never conflict with or replace packages in the base Enterprise Linux distributions. EPEL uses much of the same infrastructure as Fedora, including buildsystem, bugzilla instance, updates manager, mirror manager and more.
- Added caddy in EPEL 8
- Retirement process for caddy in EPEL 7
- Incompatible update process for caddy in EPEL 9
Goal of this initiative
CPE has few members that are working as part of Community Design Team. This team is working on anything related to design in Fedora Community.
- Fedora 39 Wallpaper in process – looking for people who use Blender or are looking to expand those art skills