We welcome you (yes, you!) to join in an Art Challenge hosted by the Creative Freedom Summit and Fedora Design Team!
How to Participate
- The Art Challenge will run from June 1st through June 30th. The theme of this challenge is Open Source Super Hero. Create a piece of art inspired by the theme using Free Software.
- Use the hashtag #CreativeFreedomChallenge on Twitter, Mastodonv(Fediverse), Instagram, or TikTok. We also encourage you to use the hashtags #CreativeFreedomSummit and #OpenSourceSuperhero. The Summit team will be watching these hashtags and reposting as we are able. Optionally, tag the Fedora Design or Fedora accounts on each of these platforms:
- Post to the Art Challenge thread created by this post on Fedora Discussion. This requires a free Fedora account, which you can create using the Fedora Accounts system. At the end of the month, anyone who posts to this thread with a submission will receive a Fedora Badge! (Not sure what Badges are? Check out the Fedora Badges page to learn more.)
Connect with other Creatives
- We welcome you to join the opening or closing Art Challenge social sessions.
- The socials will be hosted on Jitisi. We’ll share the link a few minutes before through the Creative Freedom Summit Element/Matrix Channel.
- If you are unable to participate in the Jitsi, but still want to watch, the socials will be streamed live on the Creative Freedom Summit Peertube Channel.
- Dates & Times:
- Opening Social: June 1st, 9AM ET (1PM UTC)
- Closing Social: June 30th, 9AM ET (1PM UTC)
- Join the Creative Freedom Summit Element/Matrix Channel for the challenge, or any time!
- Note: By participating in the social sessions or the Element/Matrix Channel you are required to adhere to the Fedora Code of Conduct.
How to join Element/Matrix
To join the Creative Freedom Summit Element/Matrix channel, a Matrix network account is required. If you don’t already have an account you can create one via Element’s Create Account page. Element offers free desktop or mobile apps to join the summit. Element also offers a web app that allows you to join from your browser. There are additional ways to access Matrix, but the Summit team recommends Element as it provides the best experience for our platform setup.
All submissions or contributions:
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Just because a work is licensed with a Creative Commons license does not mean it is free to use (make sure you provide attribution to artists that license their work with a CC Attribution clause.)
- May post on another artist behalf with the consent and approval of the author or creator.
- Are thereby licensed to the public for reuse under CC BY-SA unless specifically identified as being licensed by another Fedora approved open source license.
- No AI generated images
- Must not contain brand names or trademarks of any kind
- Must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
- No sexually explicit or provocative subject matter
- No images of weapons or violent imagery
- No alcohol, smoking, or drug use imagery
- Must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in the jurisdiction where the work is created
- No religious, political, or nationalist imagery (including flags)
Works in Progress and Self promotion:
- Feel free to share a link to your portfolio or designs on your submissions, we are here to get to know each other and share! We request that you please do not spam the hashtags or Discussion thread with excessive self promotion. Any such posts on Discussion will be moderated.
- We encourage you to share “works in progress” or “WIP”. Please limit the number of WIP posts to once a day so that you are not spamming the hashtag or Discussion thread. Replies to feedback with revisions are okay!