Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. Fedora 31 was released on Tuesday. Fedora 29 will reach end of life on 26 November.
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Some Python 2 packages will be removed in mid-November.
- The Fedora Council is considering an extension to the Minimization Objective
|DevConf.CZ||Brno, CZ||24–26 Jan 2020||closes 6 Nov|
|Open TestCon||Beijing, CN||30–31 Mar 2020||closes 10 Nov|
|CentOS Dojo||Brussels, BE||31 Jan 2020||closes 18 Nov|
|FOSDEM Distro Devroom||Brussels, BE||2 Feb 2020||closes 1 Dec|
|Indy Cloud Conf||Indianapolis, IN, US||26–27 Mar 2020||closes 21 Dec|
- Volunteers needed for the Fedora booth at FOSDEM
- Testers wanted for testing multi-builds gating for rawhide packages in staging
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1600 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 13 November — Elections nomination deadline
- 26 November — Fedora 29 EOL
Submitted to FESCo
- Better Thermal Management for the Workstation (FESCo ticket #2241)
- Modules In Non-Modular Buildroot (FESCo ticket #2255)
Approved by FESCo
Community Application Handover & Retirement Updates
- Elections: Blocking issue was fixed
- Fedocal: jlanda started to work on communishift port
- Nuancier: Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication – Thank you Benson!
- Fed-msg: fedmsg-logger equivalent for fedora-messaging
Other Project updates
- Rawhide Gating:
- A call to arms email has been sent asking for testers for multi build
- Single build workflow is working again and is aligned with multi-build workflows also
- Update for the multi-build workflow needs to be created with autotime on, otherwise the update will not get pushed
- Overview page of the remaining blockers and dependencies organized at: https://hackmd.io/Gbuu9JOPR–Y2yNCBEYI5A?view
- Ci.centos.org is still not using fedora-messaging
- Ci-resultsdb-listener with fedora-messaging and support for the new messages format is not deployed in production yet
- Developed another experimental patch that got us an ~83x speed up.
- Got 122% performance patch merged.
- Worked with smooge to get a repoSpanner cluster deployed on realistic cross-datacenter hardware.
- repoSpanner is still extremely slow when all three DCs are used. Est. 58 minutes to push Bodhi into it, even with the 83x speedup patch. The team is investigating a solution.