Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
- The Community Platform Engineering team is hiring three positions to work on Fedora and CentOS infrastructure.
- GLib 1 is planned for retirement.
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-8 Aug||closes 16 July|
- 158 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The new Source-git SIG is looking for participants.
- The Fedora Podcast needs your help.
- Anaconda maintainers need input from Spins maintainers on upcoming changes to keyboard layout switching.
- Suggestions needed for project to write docs for at a conference event.
Upcoming test days
- Kernel 5.12 Test Week — 9–16 May
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Council Video Meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in Bluejeans. This month’s guest is Peter Boy talking about the Fedora Server Working Group
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 34
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2021-04-28 — Elections questionnaire process and nomination period begins.
- 2021-05-12 — Elections nominations close.
Fedora Linux 35
|Debuginfod By Default||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2598|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2603|
|Node.js 16.x by default||System-Wide||FESCo #2605|
|More flexible use of SSSD fast cache for local users||System-Wide||Announced|
|Broken RPATH will fail rpmbuild||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.