Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! Elections voting is open through 3 June.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Fedora Linux 32 reached end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
- The Community Platform Engineering team is hiring three positions to work on Fedora and CentOS infrastructure.
- Elections voting is open through 3 June.
- The Red Hat Desktop Engineering team is hiring.
- Official IRC channels have moved to Libera.Chat.
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-8 Aug||closes 16 July|
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
|Broken RPATH will fail rpmbuild||System-Wide||Approved|
|Drop the the “Allow SSH root login with password” option from the installer GUI||Self-Contained||Rejected|
|Replace SDL 1.2 with sdl12-compat using SDL 2.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2614|
|Make btrfs the default file system for Fedora Cloud||System-Wide||Announced|
|Support using a GPT partition table in Kickstart||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.