Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Congratulations to the winners in the Fedora elections!
Don’t forget to take the Annual Fedora Survey and claim your badge!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The Red Hat Desktop Engineering team is hiring.
- Official IRC channels have moved to Libera.Chat.
- The Annual Fedora Survey is open through the end of June.
- The Fedora elections have concluded.
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-06-23 — Change submission deadline (Changes requiring infrastructure changes)
- 2021-06-29 — Change submission deadline (System-Wide Changes, Changes requiring mass rebuild)
- 2021-07-20 — Change submission deadline (Self-Contained Changes)
- 2021-07-21 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2021-08-10 — F35 branches from Rawhide, F36 development begins
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
|Replace SDL 1.2 with sdl12-compat using SDL 2.0||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Make btrfs the default file system for Fedora Cloud||System-Wide||FESCo #2617|
|Support using a GPT partition table in Kickstart||System-Wide||Withdrawn|
|Build Fedora Cloud Images with Hybrid BIOS+UEFI Boot Support||System-Wide||Announced|
|Replace the Anaconda product configuration files with profiles||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.