Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Long-term FTBFS packages will be retired approximately one week before the F35 branch day.
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-7 Aug||closes 16 July|
|SeaGL||virtual||5–6 Nov||closes 5 August|
|Ohio Linux Fest||Columbus, OH, US||early Dec||closes 1 October|
- 170 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Upcoming test days
- 11–17 July: Kernel 5.13 test week
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
- 105 packages fail to build from source
- 200 packages fail to install
- 7006 open (Rawhide) bugs
- 2021-07-20 — Change submission deadline (Self-Contained Changes)
- 2021-07-21 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2021-08-10 — F35 branches from Rawhide, F36 development begins
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
|Python Packaging Guidelines overhaul||System-Wide||Approved|
|Remove authselect-compat package||System-Wide||FESCo #2626|
|Libvirt Modular Daemons||Self-Contained||FESCo #2627|
|MinGW environment and toolchain update||System-Wide||FESCo #2629|
|Optimal LUKS Encryption Sector Size||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Disable SHA1 In OpenDNSSec||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Rebase firewalld to upstream v1.0.0||System-Wide||Announced|
|Boost 1.76 upgrade||System-Wide||Announced|
|GNU Toolchain update (gcc 11, glibc 2.34, binutils 2.37, gdb 10.2)||System-Wide||Announced|
|Filtered Flathub Applications||System-Wide||Announced|
|Memory Constraints macros for RPM||System-Wide||Announced|
|Third-party Software Mechanism||System-Wide||Announced|
|Gconv package split in glibc||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org