Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Nest With Fedora registration is open now. Join us August 5–7.
The Fedora Linux 35 mass rebuild has completed.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Long-term FTBFS packages will be retired next week.
- A new webpage to find packager sponsors is now available.
- Bugzilla will be under maintenance for infrastructure upgrades and will be unavailable on July 31st between 12:30 AM – 05:30 AM UTC.
- CentOS Stream 9 chroots are available in Copr.
|SeaGL||virtual||5–6 Nov||closes 5 August|
|Linux Foundation Member Summit||Napa, CA, US||2–4 Nov||closes 8 August|
|CentOS Dojo||virtual||7–8 Oct||closes 6 September|
|Ohio Linux Fest||Columbus, OH, US||early Dec||closes 1 October|
- 186 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Help me verify the tasks before I make the F37–42 release schedules
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Nest With Fedora — Thursday–Saturday
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-08-10 — F35 branches from Rawhide, F36 development begins
- 2021-08-10 — Change complete (testable) deadline
- 2021-08-24 — Change complete (100%) deadline
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
|libffi 3.4||System-Wide||Deferred to F36|
|Enhanced Inscript as default Indic IM||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Switch to WirePlumber as the PipeWire session manager||Self-Contained||FESCo #2653|
|Use power-profiles-daemon on Workstation||Self-Contained||FESCo #2655|
|Restart User Services after Upgrade||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Fedora Linux 36
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.