Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 35 was released on Tuesday! Fedora Linux 33 will reach end of life on Tuesday 30 November. Nominations for the F35 elections cycle are now open.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Summer time is changing in various locations.
- Nominations are open for the F35 elections
- Registration is open for the F35 Release Party.
- Fedora Linux 33 reaches end of life on Tuesday 30 November.
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
|SCaLE||Pasadena, CA, US||5–8 Mar||closes 30 Nov|
- 323 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-11-03 — Nomination period opens
- 2021-11-17 — Nomination period ends
- 2021-11-17 — Interview period begins
- 2021-11-24 — Interview period ends
- 2021-11-26 — Voting begins
- 2021-12-09 — Voting ends
- 2021-12-10 — Results announced
Fedora Linux 36
- 279 packages fail to build from source
- 57 packages fail to install
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Enforce Authselect Configuration Consistency||System-Wide||Approved|
|OpenLDAP 2.5||System-Wide||FESCo #2682|
|Drop NIS(+) support from PAM||System-Wide||FESCo #2684|
|Retire the NIS(+) user-space utility programs||System-Wide||FESCo #2685|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2687|
|Replace the fbdev drivers with simpledrm and the DRM fbdev emulation layer||System-Wide||FESCo #2689|
|Rubygem Cucumber 7.1.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2690|
|Stratis 3.0.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2691|
|Remove .la files from buildroot||Self-Contained||Announced|
|java-17-openjdk as system JDK in F36||System-Wide||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org