Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 33 will reach end of life on Tuesday 30 November. Nominations for the F35 elections cycle are now open.
The F35 retrospective survey is open through 4 December.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Nominations are open for the F35 elections
- Registration is open for the F35 Release Party.
- Fedora Linux 33 reaches end of life on Tuesday 30 November.
- The Taiga instance on teams.fedoraproject.org will be retired on 17 December.
|FOSDEM devrooms||online||5–6 Feb||closes 15 Nov|
|SCaLE||Pasadena, CA, US||5–8 Mar||closes 30 Nov|
- 359 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Fedora CoreOS team wants your feedback. Please take their short communication survey.
- What worked well—and what didn’t—during the F35 release cycle? Let me know in the retrospective survey by 4 December.
- The Design team wants your help brainstorming F36 wallpaper designs.
Upcoming test days
The call for F36 Test Days is open.
- 14–21 Nov — Kernel 5.15 Test Week
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-11-17 — Nomination period ends
- 2021-11-17 — Interview period begins
- 2021-11-24 — Interview period ends
- 2021-11-26 — Voting begins
- 2021-12-09 — Voting ends
- 2021-12-10 — Results announced
Fedora Linux 36
|Drop NIS(+) support from PAM||System-Wide||Approved|
|Retire the NIS(+) user-space utility programs||System-Wide||Approved|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2687|
|Replace the fbdev drivers with simpledrm and the DRM fbdev emulation layer||System-Wide||Approved|
|Rubygem Cucumber 7.1.0||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Stratis 3.0.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2691|
|Remove .la files from buildroot||Self-Contained||FESCo #2693|
|java-17-openjdk as system JDK in F36||System-Wide||FESCo #2694|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.