Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Fedora Discussion just had a big reorganization.
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council video meeting: Fedora Discussion — 1800 UTC Thursday in Bluejeans.
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 36
- 2022-01-18 — Deadline for Self-Contained Change proposals
- 2022-01-19 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2022-02-08 — F36 branches from Rawhide; Rawhide begins F37 development
|Users are administrators by default in the installer GUI.||Self-Contained||FESCo #2708|
|Enable fs-verity in RPM||System-Wide||FESCo #2711|
|Switch GnuTLS to allowlisting||System-Wide||Approved|
|Make Rescue Mode Work With Locked Root||System-Wide||FESCo #2713|
|Wayland By Default with NVIDIA proprietary Driver||System-Wide||Approved|
|GHC compiler parallel version installs||Self-Contained||FESCo #2715|
|Keylime subpackaging and agent alternatives||Self-Contained||FESCo #2716|
|Golang 1.18||System-Wide||FESCo #2720|
|LLVM 14||System-Wide||FESCo #2726|
|Ruby 3.1||System-Wide||FESCp #2727|
|%set_build_flags for %build and %check||System-Wide||FESCo #2728|
|Default To Noto Fonts||System-Wide||FESCo #2729|
|Hunspell Dictionary dir change||System-Wide||FESCo #2730|
|Relocate RPM database to /usr||System-Wide||FESCo #2731|
|No ifcfg by default||Self-Contained||Announced|
|GNU Toolchain Update||System-Wide||Announced|
|New requirements for akmods binary kernel modules for Silverblue / Kinoite support||Self-Contained||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.