Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 36 was released on Tuesday 10 May. Join us tomorrow for second day of the F36 Release Party
Election nominations are open through 25 May.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Backwards-incompatible changes will come when Bodhi 6.0 is deployed after the F36 release.
- The email address for Fedora Discussion notifications is changing.
- The Nest With Fedora CfP is open!
- The F36 release retrospective survey is open. Your opinion is important.
- Fedora Linux 34 will reach end of life on Tuesday 24 May.
|CentOS Summer Dojo||virtual||17 Jun||open|
|DDD Perth||Perth, AU||9 Sep||closes 27 May|
|Open Source Summit Europe||Dublin, IE & virtual||13–16 Sep||closes 30 May|
|#a11yTO||Toronto, ON, CA & virtual||20–21 Oct||closes 31 May|
|I Code Java||Johannesburg, ZA & hybrid||12–14 Oct||closes 5 Jun|
|PyCon SK||Bratislava, SK||9–11 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|SREcon22 EMEA||Amsterdam, NL||25–27 Oct||closes 30 Jun|
|Write the Docs Prague||virtual||11–13 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|React India||Goa, IN & virtual||22–24 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE & virtual||3–5 Oct||closes 6 Jul|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||4–6 Aug||closes 8 Jul|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 36
- 2022-05-25 — Election nominations end
- 2022-06-03 — Election voting begins
- 2022-06-16 — Election voting ends
See the schedule website for the full schedule.
Fedora Linux 37
|Make Rescue Mode Work With Locked Root||System-Wide||FESCo #2713|
|Replace jwhois package with whois for Fedora Workstation||Self-Contained||FESCo #2785|
|Strong crypto settings: phase 3, forewarning 1/2||System-Wide||FESCo #2788|
|Node.js 18.x by default||System-Wide||FESCo #2789|
|Perl 5.36||System-Wide||FESCo #2791|
|Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib||System-Wide||Announced|
|Python: Add -P to default shebangs||System-Wide||Announced|
|BIOS boot.iso with GRUB2||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 38
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.