Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- We’re looking for a new Fedora Community Action and Impact Coordinator
|CentOS Dojo at DevConf US||Boston, MA, US||17 Aug||closes 22 Jul|
|dotnetdaysro||Iaşi, RO||20–22 Oct||closes 31 Jul|
- Package review requests:
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- Long-term failed to build from source packages will be retired in August
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2359 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Hatches are local, in-person events to augment Nest With Fedora. Here are the upcoming Hatch events.
As a reminder, Nest With Fedora registration is open. We’ll see you online 4–6 August.
Fedora Linux 37
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2022-07-19 — Self-Contained Changes due
- 2022-07-20 — Mass rebuild begins
|Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to default compilation flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2817|
|Deprecate openssl1.1 package||System-Wide||FESCo #2821|
|Stratis 3.2.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2822|
|Fedora CoreOS as an edition||System-Wide||Approved|
|MAC Address Policy none||System-Wide||Approved|
|Firefox Langpacks Subpackage||System-Wide||FESCo #2826|
|libsoup 3: Part One||System-Wide||Approved|
|Linux Firmware Minimization||System-Wide||Withdrawn|
|GNU Toolchain Update (glibc 2.36, binutils 2.38)||System-Wide||FESCo #2831|
|LXQt 1.1.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2832|
|Officially support Raspberry Pi 4||Self-Contained||FESCo #2833|
|Preset All Systemd Units on First Boot||Self-Contained||FESCo #2835|
|Public release of the Anaconda Web UI preview image||Self-Contained||Announced|
|SELinux Parallel Autorelabel||Self-Contained||Announced|
|z13 as the Baseline for IBM Z Hardware||Self-Contained||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.