Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- A multi-hour infrastructure outage is planned for 10 January, beginning at 1900 UTC.
- You can now add your Fediverse URL to your Fedora wiki profile.
- Fedora is now officially on the Fediverse
- Join the Creative Freedom Summit, hosted by the Fedora Design Team, online 17–19 January. Participate in #creativefreedom:fedora.im on Matrix or watch the live stream on PeerTube.
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- A new Flatpak SIG is forming.
Upcoming test days
- Kernel 6.1 Test Week runs through Sunday
Have a test day idea for Fedora Linux 38? The call for test days is open.
Meetings & events
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Council Video Meeting: Websites Revamp — 1500 UTC Wednesday in Bluejeans
- Fedora Social Hour — 1500 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 2000 UTC Thursday in #fedora-mindshare
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
- 595 packages fail to build from source
- 39 packages fail to install
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-01-17 — Deadline for Self-Contained Changes
- 2023-01-18 — F38 Mass rebuild begins
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
Fedora Linux 39
The table below lists proposed Changes.
|Replace DNF with DNF5||System-Wide||FESCo #2870|
|Boost 1.81 upgrade||System-Wide||Approved|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org