Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Join the Creative Freedom Summit, hosted by the Fedora Design Team, online 17–19 January. Participate in #creativefreedom:fedora.im on Matrix or watch the live stream on PeerTube.
- Season of KDE 2023 participant and mentor applications are due 15 January.
- Long-term fails-to-build-from-source packages will be retired from F38 and Rawhide approximately 8 February.
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The fedora-review developers are looking for help
- Submit GNOME project proposals for Outreachy by 7 February.
Upcoming test days
Have a test day idea for Fedora Linux 38? The call for test days is open.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- SPDX Change office hours — 1600 UTC Tuesday in Google Meet (dial-in numbers available)
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2359 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-01-17 — Deadline for Self-Contained Changes
- 2023-01-18 — F38 Mass rebuild begins
- 2023-02-07 — F38 branches from Rawhide
|Unified Kernel Support Phase 1||System-Wide||Approved|
|X Server Prohibits Byte-swapped Clients||System-Wide||Approved|
|Shorter Shutdown Timer||System-Wide||FESCo #2928|
|Rpmautospec by Default||System-Wide||FESCo #2930|
|Noto Fonts For More Languages||System-Wide||FESCo #2931|
|GNU Toolchain Update (gcc 13.0, binutils 2.39, glibc 2.37, gdb 12.1)||System-Wide||FESCo #2932|
|FPC repackaging||Self-Contained||FESCo #2933|
|Noto CJK Variable Fonts||Self-Contained||Announced|
|IPP-USB as a weak dependency of CUPS and sane-airscan||Self-Contained||Announced|
Fedora Linux 39
The table below lists proposed Changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.