Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
The F38 mass rebuild is underway.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Session recordings from the Creative Freedom Summit, hosted by the Fedora Design Team are now available.
- Long-term fails-to-build-from-source packages will be retired from F38 and Rawhide approximately 8 February.
|Container Plumbing Days||virtual||22–23 Mar||closes 23 Jan|
|MagnoliaJS||Jackson, MS, US||17–18 Oct||closes 31 Jan|
|jsday||Verona, IT||13–14 Apr||closes 31 Jan|
|Connectaha||Omaha, NE, US||24 Apr||closes 31 Jan|
|Open Source Summit North America||Vancouver, BC, CA||10–12 May||closes 5 Feb|
|Write The Docs||Portland, OR, US||7–9 May||closes 6 Feb|
|Newcrafts||Paris, FR||25–26 May||closes 12 Feb|
|Open Source North||St. Paul, MN, US||24 May||closes 18 Feb|
|Berlin Buzzwords||Berlin, DE||18–20 Jun||closes 19 Feb|
|JSDay IE||Dublin, IE||26 Sep||closes 28 Feb|
|Scenic City Summit||Chattanooga, TN, US||2 Jun||closes 1 Mar|
|DevOpsDays Chicago||Chicago, IL, US||9–10 Aug||closes 17 Mar|
|openSUSE Conference 2023||Nürnberg, DE||26–28 May||closes 9 Apr|
|Web Weekend Kathmandu||Kathmandu, NP||23–24 Sep||closes 21 Apr|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The fedora-review developers are looking for help
- Submit GNOME project proposals for Outreachy by 7 February.
- The Anaconda team needs your feedback on the storage UI
- The new WASM SIG is looking for members interested in WebAssembly.
Upcoming test days
Have a test day idea for Fedora Linux 38? The call for test days is open.
Meetings & events
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1500 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 2000 UTC Thursday in #fedora-mindshare
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-02-07 — F38 branches from Rawhide
- 2023-02-07 — F38 Change completion deadline (testable)
- 2023-02-21 — F38 Change completion deadline (100% complete)
|Shorter Shutdown Timer||System-Wide||Approved|
|Rpmautospec by Default||System-Wide||Approved|
|Noto Fonts For More Languages||System-Wide||Approved|
|GNU Toolchain Update (gcc 13.0, binutils 2.39, glibc 2.37, gdb 12.1)||System-Wide||Approved|
|Noto CJK Variable Fonts||Self-Contained||FESCo #2938|
|Unfiltered Flathub||System-Wide||FESCo #2939|
|IPP-USB as a weak dependency of CUPS and sane-airscan||Self-Contained||FESCo #2942|
|IoT Simplified Installer||Self-Contained||Announced|
Fedora Linux 39
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.