Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours most Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time). Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Inactive packagers will be removed after the F38 release.
- Save 1–5 August for Flock to Fedora in Cork, IE.
- The Fedora Council is considering a proposal to remove the full/auxiliary member distinction.
- Tune in live for the return of the Fedora Podcast at 2100 UTC Tuesday.
|DevSecCon||virtual||27 Jun||closes 28 Apr|
|Cincy Deliver||Cincinnati, OH, US||28 Jul||closes 30 Apr|
|ShipIt Con||Dublin, IE||1 Sep||closes 1 May|
|Indy.Code()||Indianapolis, IN, US||10–11 Aug||closes 30 Apr|
|FOSS Security Campus||Berlin, DE||26–29 Sep||closes 14 May|
|React Norway||Larvik, NO||16 Jun||closes 15 May|
|Write The Docs Atlantic||virtual||10–12 Sep||closes 15 May|
|Front Conference||Zurich, CH||31 Aug–1 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Inclusive Design 24||virtual||21 Sep||closes 4 Jun|
|RubyConf Thailand||Bangkok, TH||6–7 Oct||closes 4 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE||6–8 Nov||closes 28 Jun|
|Full Stack Europe||Antwerp, BE||19–20 Oct||closes 30 Jun|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Provide your feedback on subplanets in Fedora Planet by 1200 UTC on 24 April.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- Program Manager Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- SPDX Hackfest — 1400–1800 UTC Wednesday in Google Meet.
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-04-19 — Election nominations begin
- 2023-05-10 — Election nominations end
Fedora Linux 39
- 497 packages fail to build from source
- 47 packages fail to install
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Changes of defaults in createrepo_c-1.0.0||System-Wide||Approved|
|Register EC2 Cloud Images with uefi-preferred AMI flag||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Remove webkit2gtk-4.0 API Version||System-Wide||Announced|
|Remove standard storage option from Fedora EC2 images||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Fedora Images on Azure||Self-Contained||Annnounced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org