Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. Fedora 33 will be released on Tuesday!
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- The Mobility SIG returns!
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on element.io
- 2020-10-27 — Final release target date #1
The full schedule is available on Fedorapeople.
|RPM-level auto release and changelog bumping||System-Wide||FESCo #2441|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2409|
|Move deprecated bluetooth utilities to subpackage||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Debug Info Standardization (from DWZ to -fdebug-types-section)||System-Wide||Rejected|
|[Compress Kernel Firmware])(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CompressKernelFirmware)||Self-Contained||Approved|
|DNS Over TLS||System-Wide||Approved|
|Reduce installation media size by eliminating the intermediate EXT4 filesystem in the SquashFS||Self-Contained||Approved|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.