Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! The Final freeze begins 6 April.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
Remember that many locations are changing to/from summer time in the next few weeks.
- Fedora Linux 34 Beta was released on Tuesday.
|elementary Developer Weekend||virtual||26-27 June||closes ~20 Apr|
|Akademy||virtual||18-25 June||closes 2 May|
|openSUSE Virtual Conference||virtual||18-20 June||closes 4 May|
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 34
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2021-04-06 — Final freeze begins at 1400 UTC
- 2021-04-20 — Final release early target
- 2021-04-27 — Final release target #1
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
|1939751||LiveCD – KDE||MODIFIED||Proposed(Final)|
Fedora Linux 35
|rpmautospec – removing release and changelog fields from spec files||System-Wide||FESCo #2582|
|“Fedora Linux” in /etc/os-release||System-Wide||FESCo #2588|
|Reduce dependencies on python3-setuptools||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.