Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. Fedora 31 was declared No-Go. We are currently under the Final freeze.
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Red Hat Summit CfP is open through 22 October.
- dist-git changes are coming that will enable self-service orphaned package adoption and simplify anitya configuration changes.
- The Open TestCon CfP is open through 31 October.
- The DevConf.CZ CfP is open through 1 November.
- FESCo has approved an updated non-responsive maintainer policy (diff)
- FESCo approved an update to the FTBFS policy
- The Fedora Council is condering an extension to the Minimization Objective
- Blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora 31 Go/No-Go meeting — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 29 October — Final release target #1
|Bug ID||Blocker status||Component||Bug status|
|1747408||Accepted (previous release)||distribution||MODIFIED|
Submitted to FESCo
- Better Thermal Management for the Workstation (FESCo ticket #2241)
- binutils 2.33 (FESCo ticket #2245)
- Replace Bazaar with Breezy (FESCo ticket #2251)
- Free Pascal Compiler 3.2.0 (FESCo ticket #2252)
Community Application Handover & Retirement Updates
- Nuancier: Maintainer(s) found. Changes discussion happening on the infrastructure mailing list
- Fedocal: Maintainer Found! Admin domain is handed over and the CPE team are engaging with the new maintainer to fully transition & Taiga board is created
- Elections: Blocked by PostgreSQL database is missing in application catalogue
- Badges: Discussion still ongoing for maintainers – please come forward if interested!
- Pastebin: Updated to point to CentOS and updated in F30 & F31
Other Project updates
- Rawhide Gating: Still on track for early November release.
- repoSpanner: Email from one of our team detailing their discoveries during a two week performance sprint is on the infrastructure mailing list
- JMS messaging plugin is working now ** PR to jms upstream submitted, waiting for review from upstream maintainer
- CentOS mirror is migrated to CentOS 7 node (ansible managed), and now fully working for CentOS Stream
- CentOS 7.7 aarch64 was retired from EPEL – it no longer works