Fedora Linux 38 branches from Rawhide today. While there’s still a lot of work before the Fedora Linux 38 release in April, this marks the beginning of the Fedora Linux 39 development cycle. The work you do in Rawhide will be in the Fedora Linux 39 release in October.
With that in mind, here are some important milestones:
- Wed 2023-06-21: Proposal submission deadline (Changes requiring infrastructure changes)
- Tue 2023-06-27: Proposal submission deadline (Changes requiring mass rebuild & System-Wide Changes)
- Tue 2023-07-18: Proposal submission deadline (Self Contained Changes)
- Tue 2023-08-08:
- Change Checkpoint: Completion deadline (testable)
- Branch Fedora Linux 39 from Rawhide
- Tue 2023-08-22:
- Change Checkpoint: 100% Code Complete Deadline
- Beta Freeze begins
- Tue 2023-09-12: Beta release (early target date)
- Tue 2023-09-19: Beta release (target date #1)
- Tue 2023-10-03: Final Freeze begins
- Tue 2023-10-17: Final release (early target date)
- Tue 2023-10-24: Final release (target date #1)
Of course, the schedule is subject to change. The schedules published to fedorapeople.org are always the most up-to-date.
As always, if your team needs additions, removals, or changes, you can file a ticket in the schedule repo.