Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours most Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time). Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Save 1–5 August for Flock to Fedora in Cork, IE.
|Cincy Deliver||Cincinnati, OH, US||28 Jul||closes 30 Apr|
|ShipIt Con||Dublin, IE||1 Sep||closes 1 May|
|Indy.Code()||Indianapolis, IN, US||10–11 Aug||closes 30 Apr|
|FOSS Security Campus||Berlin, DE||26–29 Sep||closes 14 May|
|FOSSY||Portland, OR, US||13–16 Jun||closes 14 May|
|React Norway||Larvik, NO||16 Jun||closes 15 May|
|Write The Docs Atlantic||virtual||10–12 Sep||closes 15 May|
|Front Conference||Zurich, CH||31 Aug–1 Sep||closes 31 May|
|SeaGL||Seatlle, WA, US||3–4 Nov||closes 31 May|
|Inclusive Design 24||virtual||21 Sep||closes 4 Jun|
|RubyConf Thailand||Bangkok, TH||6–7 Oct||closes 4 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE||6–8 Nov||closes 28 Jun|
|Full Stack Europe||Antwerp, BE||19–20 Oct||closes 30 Jun|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Meetings & events
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- Program Manager Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1800 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- EPEL Office Hours — 1700 UTC Wednesday in Jitsi
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 2000 UTC Thursday in #fedora-mindshare
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-05-10 — Election nominations end
Fedora Linux 39
- 497 packages fail to build from source
- 47 packages fail to install
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Remove webkit2gtk-4.0 API Version||System-Wide||FESCo #2984|
|Remove standard storage option from Fedora EC2 images||Self-Contained||FESCo #2985|
|Fedora Images on Azure||Self-Contained||Annnounced|
|Increase vm.max_map_count value||System-Wide||Announced|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
On call for proposals, ‘Write The Docs Atlantic’ virtual conference could be a nice opportunity to raise awareness on the Fedora project’s process, culture, people, and the Website revamp.
The Write The Docs conference has a wide variety of topics and had presenters from education, government, scientist, publishers, designers, developers, technical writers and so on. I thought a cross-team initiative could bring us maximum exposure to potential contributors.
Check the sample proposal template for ideas.
Continue the discussion at discussion.fedoraproject.org