Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 34 was released on Tuesday. Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
Join us tomorrow for day two of the Fedora Linux 34 Release Party
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
|All Things Open||virtual||17-19 Oct||closes 30 Apr|
|Akademy||virtual||18-25 June||closes 2 May|
|openSUSE Virtual Conference||virtual||18-20 June||closes 4 May|
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-8 Aug||closes 17 Jul|
- 138 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The new Source-git SIG is looking for participants.
- The Fedora Podcast needs your help.
- Anaconda maintainers need input from Spins maintainers on upcoming chnages to keyboard layout switching.
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 34
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2021-04-28 — Elections questionnaire process and nomination period begins.
Fedora Linux 35
|Smaller Container Base Image (remove sssd-client, util-linux, shadow-utils)||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Switching Cyrus Sasl from BerkeleyDB to GDBM||System-Wide||Approved|
|Debuginfod By Default||Self-Contained||FESCo #2597|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||FESCo #2598|
|Node.js 16.x by default||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.