Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 35 Beta is GO!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Project suggestions for the next Outreachy round are due 29 Sept.
- F35 Beta freeze is underway. F35 Beta will release on Tuesday. See the full schedule for more milestones.
- Changes in Bugzilla query limits
- Cool happenings in Fedora Workstation
- Anaconda accessbility improvements
|Ohio Linux Fest||Columbus, OH, US||early Dec||closes 1 Oct|
|DevConf.CZ||Brno, CZ & virtual||28–29 Jan||closes 24 Oct|
|SCaLE||Pasadena, CA, US||5–8 Mar||closes 30 Nov|
- 263 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- Blocker review meeting — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Fedora Linux 35
- 260 packages fail to build from source
- 82 packages fail to install
- 2021-09-28 — Beta release
- 2021-10-05 — Final freeze begins
- 2021-10-19 — Early Final target date
- 2021-10-22 — Final target date #1
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
Fedora Linux 36
- 324 packages fail to build from source
- 74 packages fail to install
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Enable exclude_from_weak_autodetect by default in LIBDNF||System-Wide||FESCo #2667|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
From the webpage version of this announcement I obtained the following non-functioning link for “Cool happening in Fedora workstations”
From this discussion the link for the same item just seems to be dead.
@bcotton the link appears broken in the original blog post. Supposed to be:
Also see followup:
Continue the discussion at discussion.fedoraproject.org