Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- A multi-hour infrastructure outage is planned for 10 January, beginning at 1900 UTC.
- You can now add your Fediverse URL to your Fedora wiki profile.
- Fedora is now officially on the Fediverse
- Congratulations to the winners of the F37 elections
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- A new Flatpak SIG is forming.
Meetings & events
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 2359 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 38
- 602 packages fail to build from source
- 38 packages fail to install
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2023-01-17 — Deadline for Self-Contained Changes
The table below lists proposed Changes. See the ChangeSet page or Bugzilla for information on approved Changes.
|Perl: Replace versioned MODULE_COMPAT_ requires by RPM dependency generator||System-Wide||FESCo #2898|
|GNU Make version 4.4||System-Wide||FESCo #2916|
|Add _FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 to distribution build flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2917|
|Restore stricter SSH hostkeys permissions||System-Wide||FESCo #2919|
|Upgrade ImageMagick to version 7||Self-Contained||FESCo #2920|
|Fedora Budgie Spin||Self-Contained||FESCo #2921|
|Use mdadm for BIOS RAID Support in Anaconda||Self-Contained||FESCo #2922|
|Pyramid 2.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2924|
|Xfce 4.18||Self-Contained||FESCo #2925|
|Unified Kernel Support Phase 1||System-Wide||FESCo #2926|
|X Server Prohibits Byte-swapped Clients||System-Wide||FESCo #2927|
|Shorter Shutdown Timer||System-Wide||Announced|
|Rpmautospec by Default||System-Wide||Announced|
|Noto Fonts For More Languages||System-Wide||Announced|
|GNU Toolchain Update (gcc 13.0, binutils 2.39, glibc 2.37, gdb 12.1)||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 39
The table below lists proposed Changes.
|Replace DNF with DNF5||System-Wide||FESCo #2870|
|Boost 1.81 upgrade||System-Wide||FESCo #2918|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org