The Community Platform Engineering (CPE) team and community contributors began building our new Fedora Account System (FAS) application system on the 8th of January 2020 and completed the first two-week sprint on the 21st of January 2020.
This sprint focused on foundational (user stories) tasks to set the stage for our development sprints. Within this sprint the team and contributors made great progress completing many foundational (user stories) tasks. These included:
- (L) As a AAA developer I want a local development environment so that I can easily develop on my laptop #13
- (S) As a AAA developer, I want to have Contribution Guidelines and Developer documentation so that it is easy to contribute to my project #65
- (s) Wireframe the group detail page. #3
- Technology to use – decision #59
- (S) As a AAA developer, I want my PR to be automatically merged if they are approved and meet a certain standard so that I can focus on development work #53
- (S)Wireframe the login form #7
- (S) IPA Server- Investigate what we need to do #1
- (L) As a AAA developer, I want Continuous Integration to run on each PR so that new code meets a certain standard #63
- (S) As a AAA developer, I want the be able to automate the release notes so that I don’t spend a lot of time preparing a release #66
- (S) Wireframe the user detail page. This is the page that shows the details of a specific user, including the groups they belong to. #4
Unfortunately, we could not complete 5 tasks due to dependencies we didn’t capture at sprint planning and user stories initially estimated as Medium (10 hours) actually being Large (15 hours), we will take these as learnings allowing us to identify these in our next couple of sprints.
- (M/L) As a AAA developer, I want Continuous Deployment to the staging environment so that I can easily test/demo new features
- Integrate Centos CI #72
- (S)Figure out what to do with FAS accounts that have no full name attached to them #11
- (M) As a developer I would like a unit test suite for the current securitas codebase #54
- (S) Wireframe the browse / search / list groups page #2
These user stories (tasks) have been carried into sprint two along with user stories (tasks) noted below:
- As a registered user, I want to delete my account, so that I can act within my GDPR rights. #39
- Import script #55
- Port relevant applications over to new read-only JSON API. #56
- As a CentOS Sysadmin, I want to be able to generate node x509 certs without having to enroll them into IPA, due to security concerns (we just need x509 cert, nothing else). #33
Sprint two began on the 22nd of January with completion and review due on the 4th of February. It is important to note that during sprint two, a lot of team members traveled to Brno for DevConf and face-to-face team meetings, so we may not meet our commitment of all user stories being completed for our review, but we will try our very best to do so.
We welcome all feedback and thoughts as we progress through this project, please feel free to comment on any issue to log your thoughts.
- For more information regarding outstanding issues, please see here.
- To view our current scrum board, please see here.
We have just completed sprint two review and have prioritized our backlog for sprint three, and we will include this detail in the CPE Weekly emails – and the next blog post!
Please reach out to us on our IRC channel (#fedora-aaa) if you have any questions, and links to our GitHub page are listed above.