We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 25-29 September 2023
Highlights of the week
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Goal of this Initiative
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
The ARC (which is a subset of the team) investigates possible initiatives that CPE might take on.
- Spam fighting
- Create URL redirect for Fedora Docs site: /diversity-inclusion/ => /dei/
- Fixed mirroring issue on Pagure
- Fix: Toddlers not processing messages
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- Migrate CI gateway
- Reconfigure previous storage server as mref backup server
- CentOS Stream
- New RHCS v2 CA workflow change
- Switched to ucarp for IP failover/HA between haproxy cluster members
- Discussion about rpmautospec for el10/cs10 bootstrap
Goal of this initiative
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
EPEL packages are usually based on their Fedora counterparts and will never conflict with or replace packages in the base Enterprise Linux distributions. EPEL uses much of the same infrastructure as Fedora, including buildsystem, bugzilla instance, updates manager, mirror manager and more.
- Added python-falcon to EPEL 8 and EPEL 9 (unblocking mailman3)
- Fixed dependency issue with python-httpcore in EPEL 8
- Clean up packaging guidelines regarding requiring base packages
- Fixed python-uvloop and python-uvicorn builds for Python 3.12 in rawhide/f39
- Fixed non-installable grass in EPEL 9
- Rebuilt c-icap-modules and rpminspect for clamav soname bump in EPEL 9
- Rebuilt clazy, pocl, and umr for clang/llvm soname bump in EPEL 9
- Added HPND-export-US-modify to SPDX license XML
Goal of this initiative
CPE has few members that are working as part of Community Design Team. This team is working on anything related to design in Fedora Community.