Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. Red Hat’s holiday shutdown is next week, so this is the last FPgM report of 2018. Congratulations to the winners of the Council, FESCo, and Mindshare elections.
- Orphaned packages will be retired.
- Backwards-incompatible changes are planned for Bodhi 4.0.
- UTAGE: Koji system 2019-01-11 through 2019-01-14: During this time the s390 builders will not be available and all builds will be queued up until they are available and will not complete.
Fedora 29 Status
- Fedora 29 elections results are now available.
Fedora 30 Status
Fedora 30 Change Proposal deadlines are approaching.
- Change proposals requiring infrastructure changes are due 2019-01-02.
- Change proposals requiring a mass rebuild or for System-Wide Changes are due 2019-01-08.
- Change proposals for Self-Contained Changes are due 2019-01-29.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will remove glibc langpacks from the buildroot. See the devel mailing list for more information and impacted packages.
Submitted to FESCo
- Migrate Python-based Nautilus extensions to Python 3
- Remove Obsolete Scriptlets
- Deprecate Sonatype OSS Parent
- Deprecate Apache Maven 2.x
- Deprecate Apache Jakarta ORO and Regexp
- Deprecate Apache Jakarta Commons HttpClient
- Deprecate Apache Avalon