Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week.
- Orphaned packages to be retired
- Google Summer of Code mentor/project proposals are due by 6 February.
Fedora 30 Status
- Mass rebuild is underway.
- Software string freeze is 2019-02-05.
- Code complete (testable) deadline is 2019-02-19.
- Code complete (100%) deadline is 2019-03-05.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will remove glibc langpacks from the buildroot. See the devel mailing list for more information and impacted packages.
- Bash 5.0
- Firefox Wayland By Default On Gnome
- LXQt 0.14.0
- SWID Tag Enablement
- Haskell GHC 8.4 and Stackage LTS 12
- Fish 3.0
- Retire YUM 3
- MongoDB Removal
- Improved GRUB menu
- Vagrant 2.2 with QEMU Session