Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. Fedora 29 will reach end of life on 26 November. Elections voting begins next week. Candidates must submit their interviews before the deadline or they will not be on the ballot.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Python 2 packages without a granted FESCo exception are being removed this weekend.
- The Fedora Council approved an extension to the Minimization Objective
- An update to the fonts packaging policy has been submitted to the Fedora Packaging Committee.
- Fedora’s pastebin will be retired on 1 December. The
fpastepackage is updated to use a new server in all supported Fedora releases.
|CentOS Dojo||Brussels, BE||31 Jan 2020||closes 18 Nov|
|FOSDEM Distro Devroom||Brussels, BE||2 Feb 2020||closes 1 Dec|
|Indy Cloud Conf||Indianapolis, IN, US||26–27 Mar 2020||closes 21 Dec|
- Volunteers needed for the Fedora booth at FOSDEM
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 21 November — Elections voting begins
- 26 November — Fedora 29 EOL
- Build Python 3 to statically link with libpython3.8.a for better performance
- Freeze after branching until compose is ready
Submitted to FESCo
- Annobin used by Bodhi (FESCo ticket #2268)
- iptables-nft-default (FESCo ticket #2269)
- Translation platform migratration to Weblate (FESCo ticket #2270)
Approved by FESCo
Withdrawn by owner
- Bodhi 5.0 has been deployed in production
- We received some feedback about the changes in the UI and are looking at how we can address them.
- We are working on documenting on how packagers will use Bodhi for multi-builds updates in rawhide: https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/2322 https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User:Nphilipp/Package_update_HOWTO#Rawhide_and_early_Branched
- A 5.1 release is scheduled, likely some time next week, to address some of the issues encountered and fixed in the 5.0 release.
- Our team came across some test reliability issues last week & these are impeding progress on the 83x patch.
- Some more debugging/discussions around RCMs pushes that seem to be either very slow or hanging but the team is looking into some solutions
- Some progress was also made on the 83x patch however and we managed to fix one unreliable test.
Community Application Handover & Retirement Updates
- Elections — Blocking issue was fixed (https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8253)
- Fedocal — jlanda hitting permission error in communishift https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274
- Nuancier — Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication. We are emailing him to check the progress and if he needs any help
- fpaste — Published an article in Fedora Magazine. Sunset date: 1 December 2019.
- Badges — GDPR query under investigation