Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Don’t forget to take the Annual Fedora Survey and claim your badge! Fedora Linux 35 System-Wide Change proposals are due Tuesday.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Official IRC channels have moved to Libera.Chat.
- The Annual Fedora Survey is open through the end of June.
- rpmautospec is now enabled in Koji.
- The Sphinx 4.0 update will land Monday. If you depend on python-sphinx, your builds may fail.
- The Cloud SIG meeting time has changed to alternate Thursdays at 1500 UTC.
|AnsibleFest||virtual||29–30 Sep||closes 29 June|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-8 Aug||closes 16 July|
|SeaGL||virtual||5–6 Nov||closes 5 August|
|Ohio Linux Fest||Columbus, OH, US||early Dec||closes 1 October|
- 183 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 35
- 2021-06-29 — Change submission deadline (System-Wide Changes, Changes requiring mass rebuild)
- 2021-07-20 — Change submission deadline (Self-Contained Changes)
- 2021-07-21 — Mass rebuild begins
- 2021-08-10 — F35 branches from Rawhide, F36 development begins
For the full schedule, see the schedule website.
|Replace the Anaconda product configuration files with profiles||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Use yescrypt as default hashing method for shadow passwords||System-Wide||Approved|
|Python Packaging Guidelines overhaul||System-Wide||FESCo #2625|
|Remove authselect-compat package||System-Wide||Announced|
|Libvirt Modular Daemons||Self-Contained||Announced|
|MinGW environment and toolchain update||System-Wide||Announced|
|Optimal LUKS Encryption Sector Size||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org