Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
Fedora Linux 35 will reach end of life on 2022-12-13.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Due to a lack of candidates, the Fedora Council election will be delayed by one week. The Mindshare and FESCo elections will continue as scheduled.
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- Updates to deprecated Fedora Developer pages are needed.
- moby-engine (Docker) package needs maintainers
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2359 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Fedora Linux 37
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2022-12-09 — Election voting begins (FESCo and Mindshare)
- 2022-12-16 — Election voting begins (Council)
Fedora Linux 38
|Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to default compilation flags||System-Wide||Rejected|
|Ostree Native Container (Phase 2, stable)||System-Wide||FESCo #2883|
|Perl: Replace versioned MODULE_COMPAT_ requires by macro||System-Wide||FESCo #2898|
|Reproducible builds: Clamp build mtimes to $SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH||System-Wide||Approved|
|Enable bootupd for Fedora Silverblue & Kinoite||Self-Contained||FESCo #2900|
|Build Fedora Silverblue & Kinoite using rpm-ostree unified core mode||Self-Contained||FESCo #2901|
|Prevent from building RPM packages providing python3dist(…) = 0||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Remove initial-setup from KDE Spin & Kinoite||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Remove Guile Support from GDB||Self-Contained||FESCo #2906|
|LLVM 16||System-Wide||FESCo #2909|
|Add Fedora Auto Firstboot Services to desktop variants||System-Wide||FESCo #2908|
|Fedora Sway Spin||Self-Contained||Announced|
|GNU Make version 4.4||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 39
The table below lists proposed Changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.