This is a weekly report from the I&R (Infrastructure & Release Engineering) Team. It also contain updates for CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team as the CPE initiatives are in most cases tied to I&R work.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: – 20 – 24 Nov 2023
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
- Prod Zabbix server deployed: https://zabbix.fedoraproject.org/
- Rolling the Zabbix agent out to Releng hosts.
- Decommission of Nuancier
- [Pagure Exporter] Renovate configured for dependency updates
- [Pagure Exporter] Retention added for migrating private issue tickets
- [Pagure Exporter] Circumvention added for GitLab API rate limits
- [Pagure Exporter] Explanation for branch protection added in docs
- [Pagure Exporter] Sensitive access tokens concealed for security
- MDAPI v3.1.4 is now deployed to production
- Server updates/Reboots
- koji builder SOP updates
- Planned Outage – pagure.io network switch updates
- Modify SMTP settings for fedora SMTP server
- Redirect “discussions.fedoraproject.org” to “discussion.fedoraproject.org”
- Resolved: Downloading koji repodata is way slow from Japan
- Redirect https://alt.fedoraproject.org/cloud/ to https://fedoraproject.org/cloud/
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- New sponsored server
- New mirrors added
- Migrate storage (nfs/iscsi) volumes to new server
- Fix: Duffy nodes stuck in provisioning/contextualizing loop
- Inactive packager removal for the F39 cycle
- Fix: EPEL9 not listed in MDAPI branches
- Initial draft for Mass Branching Checklist
- Add script for scraping retired packages from pkgs01
- Schedule a cron job to retrieve retired packages nightly
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
- Fixed CVE-2022-48521 for opendkim in EPEL 9
- Retired EPEL 9 packages that were added to RHEL 9.3
- Fixed tilix crash in EPEL 9
- Adjusted tag settings in epel9-next to fix forge, go, and bootstrap macros
- Backported fixes for CVE-2022-31212 and CVE-2022-31213 to dbus-broker in EPEL 8
- Updated gthumb in EPEL 9 Next due to rebased LibRaw in CentOS 9
CPE has few members that are working as part of Community Design Team. This team is working on anything related to design in Fedora Community.
- The deadline for submitting proposals for the virtual Creative Freedom Summit 2024 has been extended to December 1st. Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Learn more and submit your proposal here: https://cfp.fedoraproject.org 📣
The ARC (which is a subset of the CPE team) investigates possible initiatives that CPE might take on.