Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. Final freeze begins Tuesday. Please update the Release Readiness page with your team’s status.
- The Mobility SIG returns!
- Fedora 33 Beta was released on Tuesday
|Ohio Linux Fest||Virtual||5-7 Nov 2020||Closes 10 Oct|
|Fedora Women’s Day||Virtual||16-18 Oct 2020||Closes 11 Oct|
|DevConf.CZ||Virtual||18-20 Feb 2021||Closes 1 Nov|
Upcoming test days
- 2020-10-05 — Cloud Test Day
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- CPE Product Owner office hours — 1300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on element.io
- Fedora Council Video Meeting — 1700 UTC TThursday on Bluejeans. Guest: Chris Murphy talking about BTRFS
- 2020-10-06 — Final freeze begins
- 2020-10-20 — Final release preferred target date
- 2020-10-27 — Final release target date #1
The full schedule is available on Fedorapeople.
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
|RPM-level auto release and changelog bumping||System-Wide||FESCo #2441|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2409|
|Rust Crate Packages For Release Branches||System-Wide||FESCo #2472|
|Move deprecated bluetooth utilities to subpackage||Self-Contained||FESCo #2481|
|Debug Info Standardization (from DWZ to -fdebug-types-section)||System-Wide||FESCo #2482|
|[Compress Kernel Firmware])(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/CompressKernelFirmware)||Self-Contained||Announced|
|DNS Over TLS||System-Wide||Announced|
|Debug Info LLDB Index||System-Wide||Announced|
|Reduce installation media size by eliminating the intermediate EXT4 filesystem in the SquashFS||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
- Datacenter move
- Communishift will remain offline until further notice
- The infrastructure moves is nearly complete. A list of known issues is available.
- Staging environment is about 70% done
- AAA replacement
- Testing Ipsilon in Staging and adding OpenID Connect capability
- See the GitHub kanban board for more information
- See the CPE weekly for more information