Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora this week. I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The GNOME Community Engagement Challenge is accepting applications through 1 July.
- Communishift will be down until further notice.
- Lenovo will soon be shipping laptops with Fedora Workstation pre-installed.
- The Fedora Council is considering a proposal on the process of withdrawing sponsorship from events.
- The Fedora 32 election results are now available.
- FESCo meetings have moved to 1400 UTC Wednesdays.
- 445 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- CPE Product Owner office hours 1300 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on riot.im
- 2020-06-30: Proposal deadline for Changes requiring mass rebuild
- 2020-06-30: Proposal deadline for System-Wide Changes
- 2020-07-21: Proposal deadline for Self-Contained Changes
- 2020-07-22: Mass rebuild begins
- 2020-07-22: Spins keepalive deadline
The full schedule is available on Fedorapeople.
|Node.js 14.x by default||System-Wide||Accepted|
|swap on zram||System-Wide||Accepted|
|CompilerPolicy Change||System-Wide||FESCo #2409|
|CMake to do out-of-source builds||System-Wide||FESCo #2411|
|Distribute .repo files for modular repositories from a separate package||Self-Contained||FESCo #2412|
|Default animated background for Fedora Workstation||Self-Contained||FESCo #2413|
|LXQt 0.15.0||Self-Contained||FESCo #2414|
|NSS dbm support removal||Self-Contained||FESCo #2415|
|Use %make_build and %make_install macros||System-Wide||Announced|
|The GNU C Library version 2.32||System-Wide||Announced|
|Automatic RPM dependencies on Python Extras||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Make nano the default editor||System-Wide||Announced|
|GHC 8.8 and Haskell Stackage LTS 16||Self-Contained||Announced|
|Make btrfs the default file system for desktop variants||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.