On Setember 22, 2018 we celebrated the Fedora Women’s Day in Lima, Perú at PUCP (Pontifical Catholic University of Peru). The Fedora Women’s Day event seeks to integrate women in the world of Free Software. This year, I had the opportunity to be one of the organizers.
- What is Free Software? by Giohanny Falla
- She talked about introduction to Free Software and also made the invitation to the GSoC and the Outreachy.
- Women to Power by Solanch Ccasa
- She talked about success stories and the inclusion of women in technology.
- Fedora Love Python by Lizbeth Lucar
- She talked about the use and importance of using Python, and they made mini challenges about Python exercises.
- Design for Enterpreneurs by Sheyla Breña
- She told us about her experiences as a business designer.
Wrapping up FWD in Lima, Peru
We finished the talks with “Design for Entrepreneurs“. For the workshop, all attendees tried out Inkscape and Gimp in Fedora. Finally, we took a snack and coffee break.
We ended with questions, answers, and group photos.
Thanks to the support and organization of the community Penguin Codes, Blender Peru, AIIS PUCP, Diego Balbuena, and Fredy Hernandez.