It’s been a busy month on the Fedora Messaging Notifications (FMN) Replacement team, but we’ve pushed through to the finish line and are very happy to announce the arrival of the shiny new FMN.
Let’s take a moment and see how the project has unfolded over the last few months
About 6 weeks ago, I put out a blog post highlighting where we were with the project. At that time we were very close to finishing, even making plans as to when the “old” service would be turning off. I’m very happy to let you all know that this has been planned. However, we decided to have a grace period where everyone could start creating their new rules in the “new” version.
Aurélien Bompard sent out an email on devel-announce explaining this, but in case people didn’t see it, here is the gist of that info:
- The “new” FMN is deployed at https://notifications.fedoraproject.org/
- The “old” FMN is deployed at https://apps.fp.o/notifications-old
- The “old” FMN will exist until the F39 release (targeted for October 2023)
- Because of the new features, any user’s existing rules will need to be created fresh in the new FMN
- Any issues with the new FMN, please file tickets at https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/new_issue
So long and thanks for all the fish
From all of the team that worked on this project, we hope that you enjoy the new version. One of the largest features we tried to improve was getting the notifications to the users quickly. Hopefully you will see that. Also, please file tickets if something is broken or could be improved. Remember to create your new rules because everyone starts out with a blank slate.