Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week.
- Backwards-incompatible changes are planned for Bodhi 4.0.
- UTAGE: Koji system 2019-01-11 through 2019-01-14: During this time the s390 builders will not be available and all builds will be queued up until they are available and will not complete.
- FPgM office hours — 1400 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council (D&I/FESCo/Mindshare report) — 1500 UTC on Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
Fedora 30 Status
Fedora 30 Change Proposal deadlines are approaching.
- Change proposals requiring a mass rebuild or for System-Wide Changes are due 2019-01-08.
- Change proposals for Self-Contained Changes are due 2019-01-29.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will remove glibc langpacks from the buildroot. See the devel mailing list for more information and impacted packages.
- Fully remove deprecated and unsafe functions from libcrypt
- Flicker Free Boot
- Golang 1.12
- uEFI for ARMv7
- Switch cryptsetup default metadata format to LUKS2
Submitted to FESCo
- Migrate Python-based Nautilus extensions to Python 3
- Deprecate Sonatype OSS Parent
- Deprecate Apache Maven 2.x
- Deprecate Apache Jakarta ORO and Regexp
- Deprecate Apache Jakarta Commons HttpClient
- Deprecate Apache Avalon
- Deepin DE
- krb5 crypto modernization