Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. Self-Contained Change proposals are due on Tuesday, 29 January.
I’ve set up weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Backwards-incompatible changes are planned for Bodhi 4.0.
- Fedora Legal has determined the Server Side Public License v1 (SSPL) is not suitable for use in Fedora. It is added to the Bad Licenses list.
- Recent updates to packaging guidelines
- FPgM Office Hours — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council (open floor) — 1500 UTC Wedneday in #fedora-meeting-1
Fedora 30 Status
- Change proposals for Self-Contained Changes are due 2019-01-29.
- Mass rebuild begins 2019-01-30.
- Keepalive deadline for Spins is 2019-01-30. Please notify me if you want your spin to continue to be produced for Fedora 30.
- Software string freeze is 2019-02-05.
- Code complete (testable) deadline is 2019-02-19.
- Code complete (100%) deadline is 2019-03-05.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will cause ambiguous python shebangs to error. A list of failing builds is available on Taskotron.
Fedora 30 includes a Change that will remove glibc langpacks from the buildroot. See the devel mailing list for more information and impacted packages.
- ibcrypt.so.1 (compatibility library for POSIX): Let encrypt, encrypt_r, setkey, setkey_r, and fcrypt return ENOSYS instead of performing any real operation
- Bash 5.0
- Firefox Wayland By Default On Gnome
Submitted to FESCo
- krb5 crypto modernization
- DNF Better Counting
- Reset locale if not available
- Replace Comps Language Group With Langpacks
- libcrypt.so.1 (compatibility library for POSIX): Let encrypt, encrypt_r, setkey, setkey_r, and fcrypt return ENOSYS instead of performing any real operation