Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week. The Beta freeze is underway.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- We are looking for a new FCAIC. Could this be you?
- The Infinote (Gobby) service is scheduled for retirement on 30 August. Make backups of any content you wish to keep before then.
- Older koji builds are being moved to archive storage.
- The list of Fedora 31 Release-Blocking Deliverables is now available.
- Gradle will go away
- EPEL-8.0 is now available
- Fedora 32 Python 3.8 rebuilds have started in a side tag
- Noninstallable Python 2 packages retired before the beta freeze.
- The Red Hat Summit CfP is open through 22 October.
- The Community Platform Engineering (CPE) team is hiring a senior software engineer to work on Fedora and CentOS infrastructure.
- The QA team has adopted a new policy on last-minute blocker bugs.
- The L10N team is looking for help with the migration to Weblate
- The Workstation WG is forming a subgroup to investigate better protection of user data
- What projects should we highlight for Hacktoberfest? Let me know!
Upcoming meetings & test days
- F29 I18N Bug Triage — Monday and Tuesday
- Blocker review — 1600 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 17 September — Beta release preferred target
- 8 October — Final freeze begins
- 22 October — Final release preferred target
- Automatic strict inter-package dependencies — withdrawn by owner
- DNF Better Counting — deferred to Fedora 32
|Bug ID||Blocker status||Component||Bug status|
|1745846||Proposed (beta)||Package Review||POST|