Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management this week.
I have weekly office hours in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Red Hat Summit CfP is open through 22 October.
- dist-git changes are coming that will enable self-service orphaned package adoption and simplify anitya configuration changes.
- Yahoo is rejecting @fedoraproject.org email].
- I added a Telegram field to the Infobox user template on the wiki. You can now set your Telegram user ID in your wiki page with an automatic link.
- The Open TestCon CfP is open through 31 October.
- The DevConf.CZ CfP is open through 1 November.
- FESCo has approved an updated non-responsive maintainer policy (diff)
- Read about CentOS Stream and Fedora.
- Fedocal needs a new maintainer. Fedocal will be retired on 15 October if no one adopts it.
- The QA team wants to know when to run live onboarding sessions. Let them know what works best for you.
- The CPE team wants feedback on a minimum viable Fedora infrastructure during next year’s datacenter move.
- We are looking for mentors for Google Code-In 2019.
Upcoming meetings & test days
- Blocker review — 1600 UTC Monday in #fedora-blocker-review
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 8 October — Final freeze begins
- 22 October — Final release preferred target
- Set skip_if_unavailable default to false — reverted by FESCo
|Bug ID||Blocker status||Component||Bug status|
Submitted to FESCo
- Better Thermal Management for the Workstation (FESCo ticket #2241)
Approved by FESCo
- Switch mingw32 toolchain to dwarf-2 exceptions
- Jekyll 4
- MariaDB 10.4
- PHP 7.4
- Firewalld Default to nftables
- Comp Neuro Lab
- Django 3
Community Application Handover & Retirement Updates
- Nuancier: New maintainer has been found & completed first merge this week
- Fedocal: App will be retired on 15th October if no maintainer volunteers
- Packagedb-cli: being retired this week
- Badges: Discussion happening here for maintainers
- Asknot-ng: Moved to CommuniShift & whatcanidoforfedora is being redirected to this application.
- Pastebin: The new maintainer and CPE team are currently working on moving this application to CentOS.
In addition, the team is creating comprehensive documentation for Communishift.
Other Project updates
- Rawhide Gating: Still on track for early November release.
- repoSpanner: Test suite is more stable with a number of issues resolved last week. Work still ongoing to make it more reliable. Performance testing is starting this week.
- CentOS: 8.0.1905 docs now published on docs.centos.org.
- CentOS CI SSL Authentication issue with Fedora Messaging plugin now solved.