Here’s your report of what has happened in Fedora Program Management
thislast week. Fedora 29 will reach end of life on 26 November. Elections voting is open through 23:59 UTC on Thursday 5 December.
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Python 2 packages without a granted FESCo exception are being removed this weekend.
- The Fedora Council approved an extension to the Minimization Objective
- An update to the fonts packaging policy has been submitted to the Fedora Packaging Committee.
- Fedora’s pastebin will be retired on 1 December. The
fpastepackage is updated to use a new server in all supported Fedora releases.
- Fedora Atomic Host is nearing end of life.
|FOSDEM Distro Devroom||Brussels, BE||2 Feb 2020||closes 1 Dec|
|Indy Cloud Conf||Indianapolis, IN, US||26–27 Mar 2020||closes 21 Dec|
|OSCON||Portland, OR, US||13–16 Jul 2020||closes 14 Jan|
- Volunteers needed for the Fedora booth at FOSDEM
- Friday with Infra — Friday
- 26 November — Fedora 29 EOL
- 5 December — Elections voting ends.
- Build Python 3 to statically link with libpython3.8.a for better performance
- Freeze after branching until compose is ready
Submitted to FESCo
Approved by FESCo
Withdrawn by owner
Rejected by FESCo
- Bodhi 5.0 has been deployed in production for a week and we are getting some feedback on the new UI.
- 83x performance patch submitted as a pull request and is awaiting review. Once this 83x patch is merged, we hope that it will be possible to make a release/deployment.
- JMS plugin has bene updated
- Plugin update broke datagrepper: unix timestamp are in seconds, not milliseconds and postgresql doesn’t like the year 51850
- fedora-messaging client on resultsdb had broke
Community Application Handover & Retirement Updates
- Elections — Blocking issue was fixed (https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8253)
- Fedocal — jlanda hitting permission error in communishift https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274
- Nuancier — Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication.
- fpaste — Published an article in Fedora Magazine. Sunset date: 1 December 2019.
- GDPR and privacy-centric conversations are ongoing with respect to application handovers