Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! The Beta freeze is underway. F34 Beta release candidate 3 was declared go and will be released on the “target date #1” milestone of 23 March.
The rollout of the new account system starts at 1030 UTC on Thursday 25 March. It will last approximately two days. Expect issues logging in to some services during this window.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
Remember that many locations are changing to/from summer time in the next few weeks.
- The rollout of the new account system starts at 1030 UTC on Thursday 25 March and will last approximately two days.
- Copr release 2021-03-17 is available, including support for running
fedora-reviewduring the build.
|openSUSE Virtual Conference||virtual||18-20 June||closes 4 May|
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
- 153 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
Upcoming test days
- 18-26 March — systemd-oomd
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 34
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2021-03-23 — Beta release target #1
- 2021-04-06 — Final freeze begins at 1400 UTC
- 2021-04-20 — Final release early target
- 2021-04-27 — Final release target #1
Change tracker bug status. See the ChangeSet page for details of approved changes.
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
|1939751||LiveCD – KDE||NEW||Proposed(Final)|
Fedora Linux 35
|rpmautospec – removing release and changelog fields from spec files||System-Wide||FESCo #2582|
|“Fedora Linux” in /etc/os-release||System-Wide||FESCo #2588|
|Reduce dependencies on python3-setuptools||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org