Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! The Final freeze is underway. The F34 Final Go/No-Go meeting is Thursday.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The F34 Final freeze is underway.
- The Fedora Council is considering a new Code of Conduct.
- The Developer Portal just received an update.
- A GitHub Action that checks for the list of active Fedora Linux releases is available for anyone who uses GitHub Actions for CI.
- The next stream in Fedora CoreOS is moving to cgroupsv2.
- Pacakgers with inactive, disabled, or spam accounts will be removed from their packages on 20 April.
|elementary Developer Weekend||virtual||26-27 June||closes ~20 Apr|
|All Things Open||virtual||17-19 Oct||closes 30 Apr|
|Akademy||virtual||18-25 June||closes 2 May|
|openSUSE Virtual Conference||virtual||18-20 June||closes 4 May|
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
- 138 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The new Source-git SIG is looking for participants.
Upcoming test days
- 16-19 April: Cloud Test Day
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- Outreachy Social — 1330 UTC Saturday in #fedora-social-hour on Matrix
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Prioritized bugs meeting — 1500 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- F34 Final go/no-go meeting 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Fedora Social Hour — 1400 UTC Thursday in #fedora-social on Matrix
Fedora Linux 34
Upcoming key schedule milestones:
- 2021-04-27 — Final release target #1
|Bug ID||Component||Bug Status||Blocker Status|
Fedora Linux 35
|Reduce dependencies on python3-setuptools||System-Wide||Approved|
|RPM 4.17||System-Wide||FESCo #2593|
|Smaller Container Base Image (remove sssd-client, util-linux, shadow-utils)||Self-Contained||FESCo #2594|
|Erlang 24||Self-Contained||FESCo #2595|
|Switching Cyrus Sasl from BerkeleyDB to GDBM||System-Wide||FESCo #2596|
|Debuginfod By Default||Self-Contained||FESCo #2597|
|Package information on ELF objects||System-Wide||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.