Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)! Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May. Elections voting is open through 3 June.
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- Fedora Linux 32 will reach end of life on Tuesday 25 May.
- The Community Platform Engineering team is hiring three positions to work on Fedora and CentOS infrastructure.
- Critical path updates are now gated on openQA tests
- LLVM is being rebuilt for F34 (from 12.0.0rc1 to 12.0.0)
- Elections voting is open through 3 June.
- The Red Hat Desktop Engineering team is hiring.
|DevConf.US||virtual||2-3 Sep||closes 31 May|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||5-8 Aug||closes 16 July|
- 123 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1700 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting –>
Fedora Linux 35
|Node.js 16.x by default||System-Wide||Approved|
|More flexible use of SSSD fast cache for local users||System-Wide||Approved|
|Broken RPATH will fail rpmbuild||System-Wide||FESCp #2610|
|Drop the the “Allow SSH root login with password” option from the installer GUI||Self-Contained||FESCo #2612|
|Replace SDL 1.2 with sdl12-compat using SDL 2.0||Self-Contained||Announced|
Changes approved, rejected, or withdrawn will be removed from this table the next week. See the ChangeSet page for a full list of approved changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.
Start the discussion by commenting on the auto-created topic at discussion.fedoraproject.org