Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The F36 Mass Rebuild is complete.
- The LXDE mailing list is closed. For questions about LXDE, use the upstream mailing list. For questions about LXDE in Fedora Linux, use the users mailing list or Ask Fedora.
|Dutch PHP Conference||Amsterdam, NL||1–2 Jul||closes 30 Jan|
|WeAreDevelopers World Congress 2022||Berlin, DE||14–15 Jun||closes 31 Jan|
|phpday||Verona, IT & virtual||19–20 May||closes 1 Feb|
|OpenSource 101||virtual||29 Mar||closes 4 Feb|
|LeadDev London||London, UK||7–8 Jun||closes 14 Feb|
|Open Source Summit NA||Austin, TX, US & virtual||21–24 Jun||closes 14 March|
|openSUSE Conference||Nuremberg, DE||2–4 Jun||closes 14 Apr|
|Container Days||Hamburg, DE & virtual||5–7 Sep||closes 30 Apr|
|Open Source Summit Europe||Dublin, IE & virtual||13–16 Sep||closes 30 May|
- 298 package review requests are awaiting a reviewer
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- The Docs Team is looking to revitalize
- Your feedback is wanted on our 2022 contributor conference
Upcoming test days
- 23–29 January — Kernel 5.16 Test Week
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1800 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 2000 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1800 UTC Thursday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2300 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
- DevConf.CZ (virtual) — 28–29 Jan
Fedora Linux 36
- 2022-02-08 — F36 branches from Rawhide; Rawhide begins F37 development
Fedora Linux 37
|Python Dist RPM provides to only provide PEP503-normalized names||Self-Contained||Announce|
|Enable fs-verity in RPM||System-Wide||FESCo #2711|
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.