Here’s your weekly Fedora report. Read what happened this week and what’s coming up. Your contributions are welcome (see the end of the post)!
I have weekly office hours on Wednesdays in the morning and afternoon (US/Eastern time) in #fedora-meeting-1. Drop by if you have any questions or comments about the schedule, Changes, elections, or anything else. See the upcoming meetings for more information.
- The Nest With Fedora CfP is open!
- Some docs repos are moving to GitLab.
- Congratulations to elections winners!
|PyCon SK||Bratislava, SK||9–11 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|SREcon22 EMEA||Amsterdam, NL||25–27 Oct||closes 30 Jun|
|Write the Docs Prague||virtual||11–13 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|React India||Goa, IN & virtual||22–24 Sep||closes 30 Jun|
|NodeConf EU||Kilkenny, IE & virtual||3–5 Oct||closes 6 Jul|
|Nest With Fedora||virtual||4–6 Aug||closes 8 Jul|
|CentOS Dojo at DevConf US||Boston, MA, US||17 Aug||closes 22 Jul|
- Package review requests:
- Orphaned packages seeking maintainers
- Submit your ideas for the “Feature Spotlight” series in Fedora Magazine
- Sign up for the Anaconda interface study
- Take the annual Fedora Contributor survey and get a badge!
See the Prioritized Bugs documentation for information on the process, including how to nominate bugs.
Meetings & events
- Mindshare Committee meeting — 1200 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-mindshare
- FESCo meeting — 1700 UTC Tuesday in #fedora-meeting
- FPgM Office Hours — 1300 UTC Wednesday and 1900 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting-1
- Council meeting — 1400 UTC Wednesday in #fedora-meeting
- Fedora Social Hour — 2359 UTC Thursday in #social on Fedora.im
Hatches are local, in-person events to augment Nest With Fedora. Here are the upcoming Hatch events.
|24–25 Jun||Vigo, ES|
|25 Jun||Stockholm, SE|
|6–8 Jul||Pune, IN|
|13–14 Jul||Cork, IE|
|21 Jul||Rochester, NY, US|
|28 Jul||Mexico City, MX|
|11 Aug||Brno, CZ|
As a reminder, the Nest With Fedora CfP is open. We’ll see you online for Nest With Fedora 4–6 August.
Fedora Linux 37
Below are some upcoming schedule dates. See the schedule website for the full schedule.
- 2022-06-22 — Changes requiring infrastructure changes due
- 2022-06-28 — System-Wide Changes, Changes requiring mass rebuild due
- 2022-07-19 — Self-Contained Changes due
- 2022-07-20 — Mass rebuild begins
|Build all JDKs in Fedora against in-tree libraries and with static stdc++lib||System-Wide||Approved|
|Enhance Persian Font Support||Self-Contained||Approved|
|Return Cloud Base to Edition Status||System-Wide||Approved|
|Fallback Hostname||System-Wide||FESCo #2804|
|RPM Macros for Build Flags||System-Wide||FESCo #2805|
|LLVM 15||Self-Contained||FESCo #2806|
|Supplement of Server distributables by a KVM VM disk image||Self-Contained||FESCo #2807|
|Add -fno-omit-frame-pointer to default compilation flags||System-Wide||Announced|
|Gettext Runtime Subpackage||System-Wide||Announced|
Fedora Linux 38
|SPDX License Phase 1||Self-Contained||Approved|
Fedora Linux 40
The table below lists proposed Changes.
Have something you want included? You can file an issue or submit a pull request in the fedora-pgm/pgm_communication repo.