This is a weekly report from the I&R (Infrastructure & Release Engineering) Team. It also contain updates for CPE (Community Platform Engineering) Team as the CPE initiatives are in most cases tied to I&R work.
We provide you both infographic and text version of the weekly report. If you just want to quickly look at what we did, just look at the infographic. If you are interested in more in depth details look below the infographic.
Week: 15 Jan – 19 Jan 2024
Infrastructure & Release Engineering
Purpose of this team is to take care of day to day business regarding CentOS and Fedora Infrastructure and Fedora release engineering work.
It’s responsible for services running in Fedora and CentOS infrastructure and preparing things for the new Fedora release (mirrors, mass branching, new namespaces etc.).
List of planned/in-progress issues
- OIDC client credentials for image builder
- Fixed issue with password reset in IPA
- Migrate DBs and deploy new DNF countme package: python3.11-mirrors-countme-0.1.2-1.el8
- Fixed F39 testing repo not in sync
CentOS Infra including CentOS CI
- Developing Zabbix SOP detailing steps to add releng compose cronjob monitoring here / here
- Update/reboot/reinstall builders before mass rebuild
- Add ostree container native images (bootc)
- Mass rebuild for Fedora Linux 40 was postponed for one day to 2024-01-18 because of toolchain rebase.
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (or EPEL) is a Fedora Special Interest Group that creates, maintains, and manages a high quality set of additional packages for Enterprise Linux, including, but not limited to, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS and Scientific Linux (SL), Oracle Linux (OL).
- Sponsored James Richardson into the packager group
- Organizing new time slot for EPEL Steering Committee meeting
List of new releases of apps maintained by CPE
- Patch update of Bodhi from 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 on 2024-01-12: https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/releases/tag/8.0.2